Thursday, August 25, 2005

More Reviews:
The 40 Year Old Virgin. Surprisingly good. Not just stupid funny but really funny and despite one too many similarities between the personality and lifestyle of me and the 40 year old virgin, it really does not knock the choice to be a virgin, which I found refreshing. If you wanna laugh, be grossed out, and have your heart warmed all at the same time. See this movie.
The Skeleton Key, good scary flick. For the gentleman, Kate Hudson in tiny panties running in the rain, for the ladies lots of close ups of the geriatric old man Kate is taking care of. The ending is a total surprise, which is hard to do in scary movies now a days. If you like jumping in fear, or New Orleans go see this!
Blah! I woke up this morning with the worst headache in the world. I feel so melancholy lately. Tuesday was my day off but everyone was gone and so I did what any 20 year old with do on their day off, I read at Mount Vernon for a couple of hours then went to the eye doctor. I know I know, I'm out of control. I then went to rent a movie to watch alone and was so desperate to talk to people at the Blockbuster I became one of those creepy people who ease drops on couples and gives them advice on their movie selection. Some of the couples were nice and politely pretended to care, and other were rude and gave me weird looks and nervously laughed as I lingered in the candy isle telling them the Stepford Wives is not the best choice for their viewing pleasure this evening. I finally settled on the combination of the movie A Lot Like Love and a bag of Sweet Tart gummy bugs to fill my evening.
I passed a Wal-Mart on the way home and decide I needed a new stuffed animal to watch the movie with (if you're laughing at me or thinking I'm un-cool right now STOP!). I went into the Wal-Mart and was shocked to find, there is no longer a stuffed animal aisle. There were a few stuffed animals, but they all talked, or lit up, one Elmo went to the bathroom. I felt old and started ranting about how America no longer values the purity and innocence of your good old fashion stuffed toy that did nothing more than than look cute, feel soft, and when you squeezed it didn't sing some annoying jingle written by corporate America meant to brain wash the fragile minds of our youth at their most formative years. It was then I decided, I am a stuffed animal purist.